Highway District 9

Paving Season 

The Department of Highways District 9 provides services to a ten-county area including Bath, Boyd, Carter, Elliott, Fleming, Greenup, Lewis, Mason, Nicholas and Rowan counties. In addition to the construction and maintenance of approximately 2,000 miles of state highways, District 9 personnel address other issues such as snow removal, weed abatement and safety programs as they relate to driving, bicycle, and pedestrian behaviors, to name a few.
822 Elizaville AveFlemingsburgKY41041P.O. Box 347822 Elizaville AveKY410418:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. EST, M-F(606) 845-2551KYTC.District9Info@ky.govhttp://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=822+Elizaville+Ave+Flemingsburg,+KY&aq=&sll=38.07435,-84.493168&sspn=0.007314,0.016512&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=822+Elizaville+Ave,+Flemingsburg,+Fleming,+Kentucky+41041&t=h&z=17http://facebook.com/KYTCDistrict9http://twitter.com/KYTCDistrict9
District Map
Click a District number to view more information. 

 District News & Traffic Advisories

Traffic Advisory: Traffic changes, closures for repairs to KY 32, KY 59, KY 377, KY 989
Traffic Advisory: Traffic switch set for today on Kendall Springs Road
Transportation Cabinet awards $3.4 million in projects for eight bridge improvements; temporary closures required
Traffic Advisory: Slide repairs on KY 2078, KY 773 in Carter County
Boyd County Fiscal Court awarded $589,021 in discretionary funds for critical pavement improvements
Fleming County Fiscal Court awarded $490,000 in discretionary funds for critical pavement improvements
Carter County Fiscal Court awarded $484,237 in discretionary funds for critical pavement improvements
KYTC drives attention to work zone safety during construction season
Bridge repair, painting begins on I-64 in Carter and Rowan counties
Work begins on $3 million US 23 improvement project in Boyd County
Bridge work begins Tuesday, April 2, on KY 344 in Lewis County
Improvements begin on five northeast Kentucky highway bridges

 Drivers' license questions?

 Featured Highway Projects

Click the map to learn about the Russell Viaduct replacement project ...


COMING SOON: Click a road sign to learn about projects affecting your highway ...

 How Do I?

Apply for job with the Transportation Cabinet?
Report that a pothole needs to be fixed on a state highway in my county?
Find a map of the state highways in my county?
Apply for a Kentucky driver’s license?
Apply for a scholarship to become a civil engineer?
Get an encroachment permit to put in a driveway or commercial entrance?

 Real-Time Traffic Information



 Public Meeting Information

​This page is maintained by Allen.Blair@ky.gov, who may be contacted to make corrections or changes.

Follow Us