Permits Branch


NOTE:  For any Overweight/Over-Dimensional Permit related question, please contact the Division of Motor Carriers at:


Phone:  502-564-1257

Any firm, individual, or governmental agency that wants access to a road on the state highway system or wants to conduct any type of work activity on the right-of-way, must obtain a permit from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.

The policy and procedures for the following permits can be found in the KYTC Permits Manual:

  • Utility facility installations
  • Permitting of entrances and other correlated roadway modifications
  • Altering or replacing existing drainage facilities
  • Plantings upon the right-of-way
  • Replacement of right-of-way fence
  • Tree trimming and cutting
  • Use of roadside chemicals
  • Airspace Usage
  • Geophysical Surveys or investigations
  • Treated Sewage Effluent
  • Locating Facilities on right-of-way
  • Fairs, Parades, Festivals, Banners, and Welcome Signs
  • School Site Agreements
  • Recycler Permits
  • Tourism Signs
200 Mero StreetFrankfortKY40622KY8:00am-4:30pm EST, M-F(502) 564-4556,+Frankfort,+Franklin,+Kentucky+40601&gl=us&sqi=2&z=16&iwloc=A

Follow Us