The Roadside Environmental Team coordinates:
- Roadside Vegetation Management Programs.
- The Rest Area Management Program.
- Maintain Loadometers (Commercial Vehicle Monitoring Stations).
- Snow and Ice activities.
- Disaster and Emergency Response.
- Salt Stockpile.
- The Environmental Waste Management Program
- Inmate Crews
- Recycling Guardrail and other materials
- The Team also provides technology for enhancing both Vegetation Management Programs and Snow and Ice activities.
The Roadside Environmental Team also oversees the Sign Shop and Recycling Center. The Sign Shop manufactures and distributes standard and speciality sheeting signs for statewide use. The Recycling Center recycles used guardrail and components by regalvanizing them for reuse on the roadway. The Department also reuses guardrail as cribbing for roadway slides.
Pesticide Labels & SDS