I-275 Eastbound (1.5 – 0/83.7 – 82.4 mile-marker) –
A pavement rehab project from Mineola Pike to Dixie Highway will be in progress until November 2019. Motorists should watch for work crews, equipment, lane closures and trucks entering and exiting traffic throughout the work zone. A reduced speed limit will be posted in the project area.
Two lanes will be open and traffic for the first phase of work on I-275 eastbound will be in its final configuration. Traffic will use the outside lanes of the interstate while work occurs on the inside lanes. All work is weather dependent.
Ongoing work on I-275 eastbound will require various lane closures. All work is weather permitting.
Friday, Sept. 20 - Monday, Sept. 30, weather permitting:
• The exit ramp from I-275 eastbound to Dixie Hwy (US 25) will be CLOSED at 8 p.m., Friday, Sept. 20. The ramp will reopen at 6 a.m., Monday, Sept. 30. A detour will be put into place and will be marked with signage.
• The right lane of southbound Dixie Hwy (US 25) also will be closed at the bottom of the I-275 eastbound exit ramp and traffic will be tapered into the mainline travel lanes.
Friday, Sept. 20 - Friday, Oct. 4, weather permitting:
• I-275 eastbound will be reduced to one lane only from just east of I-75 to Dixie Highway (US 25) exit.
• In addition, the I-75 northbound to I-275 eastbound ramp will be reduced to a single lane. Drivers using the ramp from KY 236 to I-275 will be required to merge into traffic using the ramp from I-75 northbound to I-275 and should be mindful of this temporary traffic pattern that could significantly impact travel times.
Click here for more information
CAMPBELL COUNTY, KENTUCKY – CLERMONT COUNTY, OHIO
I-275 (Combs-Hehl Bridge) 73 – 71 mile-marker –
ODOT has a pavement resurfacing and bridge work project planned for I-275 that includes bridge deck overlays and rehabs of four I-275 twin bridges at Four-Mile, Sutton Road, Kellogg Ave. and the Combs-Hehl. The project requires the following restrictions:
• Single lane closure on eastbound I-275 from the Kentucky side of the Combs-Hehl bridge to Four Mile Road from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Friday, September 20 for guardrail repair.
The following restrictions will be in place for trucks entering Ohio from Kentucky:
• 10’ wide
• 75’ overall length
• Weight restriction of 120,000 lbs.
Motorists should be alert when entering the work zone. Lane closures are to shift traffic to the outside shoulder of west I-275 in preparation of a contraflow configuration that will begin near Sutton Road and end on the Kentucky side of the Combs-Hehl Bridge. The contraflow lane will remain in place until approximately late November. Click here for more information about this project: ODOT - I-275 Repaving and Bridge Work Project
I-275, KY 20, KY 237, KY 338 – A district-wide pavement marker project is ready to start, August 12. Work will take place during the hours of 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning, Monday through Saturday morning. Motorists should watch for crews, equipment and lane closures. Work is weather dependent.
US 42 (Warsaw-Union Rd) 0 – 5.6 mile-marker – A project is in progress on US 42 from the Gallatin/Boone county line to KY 338. Pipe replacements and base failure repairs will be performed before resurfacing. Motorists should exercise caution and watch for flaggers, traffic control devices, construction personnel and equipment entering and leaving the work zone. Motorists should expect delays.
KY 237 (Pleasant Valley Road) – A construction project is in progress on Pleasant Valley Road between Valley View Drive and Rogers Lane. The roadway is being widened and re-aligned and includes construction of a bridge and roundabout. The project will also include a multi-use path on both sides of the road. Motorists should be aware of flaggers for lane closures throughout the project. The project has a December 2020 completion date. Click here for more information
I-75 NORTHBOUND (MP 178.02 to 183.08) –
An interstate rehabilitation project has begun on I-75 in Boone County between Mt. Zion Road (MP 178.02) and the Kenton County Line (MP 183.08) just north of the Turfway Road interchange. The project will consist of an asphalt pavement rehabilitation/resurfacing and the addition of auxiliary lanes on I-75 in both directions from KY 536 (Mt. Zion Road) to US 42.
The speed limit will be reduced by 10 MPH in the project area.
Double fines will be issued in the work zone. Click here for more information https://www.drivingnkyprogress.org/
Construction is expected to be completed in two phases:
• Phase 1, construction of the northbound merging lane and northbound pavement work from the Mt. Zion Road interchange north to mile marker 183, will take place between spring and fall 2019.
• Phase 2, construction of the southbound merging lane and southbound pavement work from the mile marker 183 south to the Mt. Zion Road interchange, is anticipated to take place between spring and fall 2020.
Motorists should watch for work crews, equipment, lane closures, and trucks entering and exiting traffic throughout the work zone.
KY 536 (Mt Zion Road) – Work continues on the KY 536 corridor in Boone County extending from Old Union Road to I-75. Traffic is on the new roadway between the Harmony roundabout to Gunpowder Road. Work on the northern half of the roadway is in progress. Old Union Road remains closed within the construction area. Motorists should watch for flaggers and exercise caution when traveling through the work zone. Motorists should exercise caution when traveling the work zone. Slow traffic and possible delays should be expected. The posted speed limit is 35 MPH. Click here for more information https://www.drivingnkyprogress.org/
KY 1159 (Bladeston-Brooksville Road) – A highway safety improvement project starting north of Bracken County High School to KY 1011 is in progress. The project will improve the alignment of three areas: Fronks Lane, the area between Lake Lane and Badger Road and then approximately 0.50 mile north of Badger Road. Motorists should watch for lane closures with flaggers on each end of the work zone to control traffic during working hours and trucks moving on and off of the highway. Expect minor delays. Work is weather pending. This project has a July 1st, 2019 completion date.
KY 10 (East Main Street) 2.7 – 3.7 mile-marker - For the next two weeks Monday - Friday, September 16 – 20 and September 23 - 27, KY 10 (East Main Street) will be closed to through traffic between Brookwood Drive and Barrs Branch for a slide repair project. The daily closure will be from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. Motorists should seek an alternate route during these hours. Local traffic will have access. Work is weather dependent.
KY 2921 (Painter Road) – A bridge maintenance project is in progress on KY 2921 over Twelve Mile Creek. The bridge will be closed, Monday Sept. 23, from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. but will reopen nightly. This project is estimated to take four weeks to complete. A detour has been posted directing traffic to use KY 1566 to KY 8 to the other end of KY 2921.
KY 6335 (Old KY 8) – KY 6335 remains closed to through traffic between KY 445 (River Road) and Tower Hill Road due to a slide. Until repairs are made, motorists can take KY 8 to I-471 to US 27 to KY 8 (former KY 1998 – Industrial Road) as a detour.
US 27 (Alexandria Pike)/I-471 Interchange – A pavement rehabilitation project is nearing completion on the US 27/I-471 interchange in Southgate, KY. Watch for lane closures, crews and equipment.
Cynthiana Road (CR 1108) 3.0 mile-marker – A bridge replacement project will begin on Thursday, Sept. 26 on the Cynthiana Road (CR 1108) bridge over Cooperstown Creek. The road will be closed to throught traffic for 45 days. A signed A signed detour will be in place using Oak Ridge Road to KY 36 (Cordova Road) back to US 25. For more information on Bridging Kentucky, or to access a public feedback form on these and other bridge projects, please visit http://BridgingKentucky.com.
KY 32 (East Pike Street) 9.8 – 10 mile-marker -
A highway safety improvement project is in progress. The project area is between Oxley Ave. and Culpepper Drive. Traffic has switched and work is progressing along the hospital side of the project. Work is weather dependent. Work is weather dependent.
KY 536 (Harris Pike) 4.4 – 6 mile-marker –
A resurfacing project will resume on KY 536 (Harris Pike). Crews will be milling and resurfacing Saturday – Wednesday, Sept. 30 – Oct. 2 from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. Motorists should watch for crews, equipment, and flaggers. Expect short delays. Work is weather dependent.
KY 16 (Taylor Mill Road) – A bridge deck restoration project on KY 16 (13 mile-marker) is in progress on the bridge over I-275. lane closures will be in place. Motorists should exercise caution and watch for flaggers, traffic control devices, construction personnel and equipment entering and leaving the work zone. Delays can be expected.
• US 127 (Frankfort Road) - A cape seal project is scheduled to begin Friday, September 6th (weather permitting) on US 127 from KY 22 (MP 13.830) to Elmer Davis Dam Road (MP 10.581). A chip/seal application will be applied prior to an asphalt surface being put in place. The speed limit will be reduced to 25 MPH. Motorists should exercise caution and watch for loose gravel, traffic control devices, construction personnel and equipment entering and leaving the work zone.
• US 127 (Frankfort Road) - A cape seal project is scheduled to begin Tuesday, September 10 (weather permitting) on US 127 from Severn Creek Bridge (MP 8.443) to Old US 127 Loop 7 (MP 6.995). A chip/seal application will be applied prior to an asphalt surface being put in place. The speed limit will be reduced to 25 MPH. Motorists should exercise caution and watch for loose gravel, traffic control devices, construction personnel and equipment entering and leaving the work zone.
• US 127 (Frankfort Road) - A resurfacing project is scheduled to begin Wednesday, September 11 (weather permitting) on US 127 from Old US 127 Loop 7 (MP 6.995) to Cedar Creek Bridge (MP 5.445). Motorists should exercise caution and watch for traffic control devices, construction personnel and equipment entering and leaving the work zone.