Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) is in the final design phase of a project to
widen North English Station Road to three lanes between west Aiken Road to just
past Avoca Road at the railroad crossing.
English Station Road is
classified as an urban arterial in eastern Jefferson County, Kentucky within the
City of Middletown. The project vicinity is bounded by US 60 (Shelbyville Road)
to the south and I-265 to the east. The current Highway Plan identifies Item
No. 5-353.00 as the widening of English Station Road to three-lanes from West
Aiken Road to Avoca Road. The proposed project will provide an improved link
between the existing three-lane segments immediately north and south of this
unimproved two-lane section. This widening project will eliminate the existing
bottle neck to increase capacity, mobility and safety along the entire
corridor. The objectives are to provide a wider roadway through this
highly-developed area to meet community and driver expectations while accommodating
existing and future developments. The project will incorporate multi-modal
traffic facilities for pedestrians and bicyclists.
English Station Road is currently a Louisville Metro roadway. After construction is complete, the road will be accepted into the State Primary Road System with route number KY 3084 . KY 3084 will begin at the intersection with US 60 (Shelbyville Road), continuing along North English Station Road and Old Henry Road to the Oldham County Line. The entire corridor will measure 4.47 miles with US 60 being mile-point 0.0 to mile-point 4.47 being the Oldham County Line. Item No. 5-353.00 will be mile-points 0.46 to 1.2 within the new KY 3084 designation. A future project, 5-367.20, is planned to continue KY 3084 to KY 362 in Oldham County. More information on the project status can be found to the right under Supporting Documents.
- Shared-use (or multi-use) facilities for pedestrian and bicycles.
- Traffic signals to be installed at two intersections:
- English Station Road and East Aiken Road with pedestrian cross-walks.
- English Station Road and Old Henry Road with pedestrian cross-walks.
- Fully upgrade railroad crossing with crossing gates and warning signals.
Following is the Tentative Project Milestone Schedule as of Spring 2019 (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
- KYTC is actively acquiring the needed easements and right of way and anticipates having right of way cleared by end of 2019.
- Final roadway plans are being developed now, spring 2019.
- Utility relocation begins after right-of-way is acquired and could begin in 2020.
- Advertisement for a construction contract possibly by end of 2021.
Please contact the project manager Keith Downs at (502)-210-5446 or email@example.com if you have any questions.