The Roadway Maintenance Branch manages roadway maintenance programs and
prepares roadway maintenance related contracts. The Branch also provides
technology transfer and technical assistance to the Districts and other
The Contracting Section is responsible for management of the
- Statewide Resurfacing Program
- Review citizen complaints
- Contract maintenance activities such as upgrading existing roadside
guardrail, drainage structure maintenance and replacement, concrete pavement
repair, slide repair, asphalt patching and other miscellaneous maintenance
contracts as required.
- New Guardrail Program.
- Recommend and Develop 6 year plan projects for Pavement and Bridges
- State Park Road Improvements
- Coordination of Emergency and Disaster work with KYEM, FEMA, FHWA, and
USDA-NRCS during disasters.
The Field Maintenance Section provides direct liaison between the Division
of Maintenance, Districts, and other Divisions.
The section performs the following specialized activities.
- Slip & Slide Repair Statewide Coordination
- Roadway Dam Inspections
- New Products Evaluations
- Technology Transfer
- Specialized Studies & Research Activities
- Permit and Excess Property Reviews
The Traffic Section is responsible for the following contracts and the
management of those programs.
- Statewide Waterborne Striping