Any firm, individual or governmental agency that wants access to a road on the state highway system or wants to conduct any type of work activity on the right-of-way, must obtain a permit. These include policy and procedures for:
- Utility facility installations
- Permitting of entrances and other correlated roadway modifications
- Altering or replacing existing drainage facilities
- Plantings upon the right-of-way
- Replacement of right-of-way fence
- Tree trimming and cutting
- Use of roadside chemicals
- Highway Advisory Radio
- Airspace Usage
- Geophysical Surveys or investigations
- Treated Sewage Effluent
- Locating Facilities on right-of-way
- Fairs, Parades, Festivals, Banners, and Welcome Signs
- School Site Agreements
- Recycler Permits
- Tourism Signs
Forms - For additional information with the forms, or assistance in filling out any of our electronic forms, please contact your local District Office personnel.
Manual - For additional guidance on the permit process, please refer to our 2013 manual.
Interactive maps for Outdoor Advertising can be found here.