Frequently Asked Questions

Below are answers to some frequently asked questions about the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.

How can I get emergency roadside assistance from Kentucky's SAFE Patrol?
Emergency motorist assistance is available by calling 877-FOR-KYTC. The service is free of charge; however, if a wrecker is required, the motorist is responsible for payment.For more information visit:
How do I report a pothole?
Where is the Kentucky driver's manual available?
Kentucky State Police administer the Commonwealth's driver testing program. The Kentucky Driver Manual is accessible online at the Kentucky State Police web site:
I am planning a trip through or travel within Kentucky. How do I find travel information?
Current travel information for major routes is available by telephone or online. Call 511 or 1-866-737-3767; or visit
Does the Transportation Cabinet offer college scholarships?
Yes. We have two types of scholarships: Civil Engineering Scholarships and the Civil Engineering Technology Scholarships
For more information visit
How do I request that an engineer make a classroom presentation through the Kentucky Engineering Exposure Network (KEEN) program?
For more information about the Kentucky Engineering Exposure Network, visit

Contact your local KEEN coordinator to request that an engineer make a presentation. A list of area coordinators is available at
During snow and ice, which roads are cleared by the Transportation Cabinet, and in what priority?
Click the following link to view each county's priority network:
How can my volunteer group adopt a highway?
It's easy to join over 900 groups that are working to improve the roadside environment in Kentucky. Visit for more information.
How can I find my county's highway district.
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has 12 highway districts. For a map of the districts, visit
Where can I find a listing of public meetings about highway projects?
How do roads get built?
Information on how roads get built is available in the "Road Work Ahead" pamphlet available at:[1].pdf
Where do I find information on Kentucky ferries?
The Transportation Cabinet's Division of Planning has more information on ferryboat operations in Kentucky. Learn more at:
Contact Information Contact Information
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
200 Mero Street
Frankfort, KY 40622
Map it

Motor Carrier, Vehicle Licensing/Titling, and Driver Licensing Information
Phone: (502) 564-1257

Transportation Cabinet General Information
Phone: (502) 564-4890

More Contact Information

 KY Transportation

About Us
Career Opportunities
Find Us
Frequently Asked Questions
Highway Districts
KYTC Centennial
Organizational Charts
Secretary Greg Thomas