Southern Transportation and Air Quality Summit
Date: August 20-21, 2019
Location: Muhammad Ali Center, 144 N 6th Street, Louisville, KY 40202
Agenda and Participant Handbook:
STAQS 2019 Participant Handbook
Best Practices • Latest Information • Regulations • Technologies
The Southern Transportation and Air Quality Summit (STAQS 2019) is an event sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Regions 4 and 6.
The purpose of the summit is to bring together stakeholders from the transportation and air quality communities to discuss the current and upcoming regulatory environment, technologies, and current practices vital to the field of air quality and transportation.
Who Should Attend?
STAQS 2019 is intended for practitioners involved with public agencies at all levels.
A host of speakers from within the southern and eastern regions will present a number of key topics, best practices, and the latest information vital to transportation, planning, and air quality professionals.
- Embassy Suites Louisville Downtown (Hilton) - 501 South 4th Street, Louisville, KY 40202 - (502) 813-3800
- Government Rate Rooms available ($122 - two queen beds or king - $146.61 with tax)
- Complimentary breakfast, complimentary evening reception (small bites and cocktails)
- Complimentary shuttle to airport
- Galt House - 140 North Fourth Street, Louisville, KY 40202 - (502) 589-5200
- Louisville Marriott Downtown - 80 West Jefferson, Louisville, KY 40202 - (502) 627-5045
- Omni Hotel Louisville - 400 South Second Street, Louisville, KY - (502) 313-6664
Things to Do:
- Riverboat Cruise on 08/20/19, 401 W River Road (near Third St Ramp - gate is at Joe's Crab Shack - 131 River Road
- Two-hour cruise (7-9 pm) down the Ohio River aboard the Mary M Miller
- The riverboat is air-conditioned and can accommodate 160 passengers per cruise for the buffet, and a total of 250.
- The riverboat was named for Mary M Miller, the first female steamboat captain in America.
- Buffet Cruise: $46 including taxes, these tickets guarantee inside seating, with stairway access to outdoor decks.
- Sightseeing Cruise: $23 including taxes. These tickets are upstairs, outside seating only
- Dress is casual - should dress according to weather. On dinner cruises, no sleeveless shirts for men please.
- To purchase your ticket go to: https://belleoflouisville.org/cruises-all/ - then go to "Book Now"
- To get a $3 discount coupon go to: http://www.pinpointperks.com/partner/Louisville/business/3958-belle-louisville
- Louisville Slugger, 800 West Main Street - (502) 588-7228
- Louisville Zoo, 1100 Trevilian Way - (502) 238-5348
- Louisville Speed Art Museum, 2035 South 3rd Street - (502) 634-2700
- Special Exhibit: Yinka Shonibare CBE: The American Library
- Admission: Adults $15, Seniors (60+) $10
- Hours: Closed M, T - Open W 10-5 - FREE ON SUNDAYS
- KY Derby Museum, 704 Central Avenue - (502) 637-1111
- 30 minute historic walking tour of the Churchill Downs Racetrack, 18 minute video, two floors of interactive exhibits
- Admission: Adults $15, Seniors (65+) $14
- Hours: 8-5