Major Permitting Items
Any firm, individual or governmental agency that wants access to a road on the state highway system or wants to conduct any type of work activity on the right-of-way, must obtain a permit.
These include policy and procedures for:
  • Utility facility installations.
  • Permitting of entrances and other correlated roadway modifications.
  • Altering or replacing existing drainage facilities.
  • Plantings upon the right-of-way.
  • Replacement of right-of-way fence.
  • Tree trimming and cutting.
  • Use of roadside chemicals.
  • Highway Advisory Radio.
  • Airspace Usage.
  • Geophysical Surveys or investigations.
  • Treated Sewage Effluent.
  • Locating Facilities on right-of-way.
  • Fairs, Parades, Festivals, Banners, and Welcome Signs.
  • School Site Agreements.
  • Recycler Permits.

         Additional Permits Information 

For more information or to obtain a permit contact: