Motor Vehicle Record Request
​The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet provides the history record of motor vehicles for the public upon request.  This information can be obtained by submitting the required form.  Forms listed below.  This form may also be obtained from your local County Clerk's Office or the cabinet's Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing.  For a modest processing fee of $3, the division can provide copies of transfer documents to clarify issues of odometer discrepancies, transfer dates, owner information, salvage information, signature verifications and/or to correct any errors that may appear on Kentucky titles.  Each request form must be properly completed and include the $3 fee.  Requests are processed in approximately 5 to 10 business days.


Request for Motor Vehicle and Boat Records (TC96-16A)

Request for Personal Information for Motor Vehicle Fuel Theft (TC96-16B)

Governmental Agencies' Request for Vehicle Records (TC96-16G)

 ​Request by Towing & Storage Companies and by Creditors in Possession (TC96-16T)


Mail to:

Transportation Cabinet
Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing
P.O. Box 2014
Frankfort, KY 40602-2014
ATTN:  Records Management


There is a $3.00 fee (check or money order) required to be included when submitting the completed form. Please make payment made payable to Kentucky State Treasurer.

Or contact your County Clerk's Office

Contact Information Contact Info
Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
200 Mero Street
Frankfort, KY 40622

PO Box 2014
Frankfort, KY 40602-2014

Phone: (502) 564-1257
Fax: (502) 564-0471
Email: MVL Helpdesk
Map it

 County Clerk Connection Newsletters

2013 3rd quarter
2013 2nd quarter
2013 1st quarter
2012 4th Quarter