The Frequently Ask Questions document provides guidance in submitting the PSC Invoice Form with the pay request for KYTC Professional Services contracts.
We received the new PSC Invoice form with the time extension CM for our project. Was it included to make sure we know to submit one with each pay estimate?
The law that created the form requires KYTC to send a copy of the form with every contract agreement and modification Notice to Proceed.
1. Are we to use this form on all contracts with KYTC?
Yes, this should be included with your pay TC 61-408 and consultant monthly report.
2. Item 8 – How often is the contractor required to submit invoices under the terms of the personal service contract. Our contracts do not specify how often we can submit invoices. What should we put here?
The General Provisions which are incorporated by reference to all contacts states:
The Consultant shall submit invoices to the Cabinet no more than once a month during the progress of work for partial payment for the work completed to date.
3. Item 9 – Provide a description of the matter covered by this invoice. Would we just put the title of the project and item number?
4. Items 10– Provide a full description of each service provided, including the date each service was performed, the name and title of each individual who worked on the matter, and the time the individual spent on the matter: and 11 Provide the hourly rate for each individual working on the matter and the total charge for that individual for each matter involved: This, we assume, is not applicable to Lump Sum contracts? Should we place “This is a Lump Sum contract and therefore is not applicable to this invoice.”?
You may make reference to the attached Consultant Monthly Report and TC 61-408 Engineers Pay Estimate. Also state the contract type. Only for hourly Rate contract would we expect this to list rates. For Cost Plus A Fixed Fee Contracts, this information is included in the additional breakdown.
5. Item 12 – Provide the subject matter and recipient of any correspondence: What is required for this item?
This should be addressed in the Consultant Monthly Report documenting any meetings, correspondence, plan deliverables, etc… You may make reference to the attached Consultant Monthly Report.
6. Item 13 – Provide a full description of any work product produced, designating the way in which the work product is associated with the matter being invoiced. (Attorneys Billing for Legal Services: If you contend that any information is subject to privilege, please identify the privileged item, and provide sufficient information to evaluate the claim of privilege): Can just a general statement of the work completed for the invoice be provided? For example ‘’This invoice is for work completed for Phase 2 Design – roadway design, structure design, and surveying.”
You may make reference to the attached Consultant Monthly Report.
7. Item 14 – Provide an itemized list of all disbursements to be reimbursed by the state for each matter invoiced and the total charge for that matter: This, we assume, is not applicable to Lump Sum contracts? Should we place “This is a Lump Sum contract and therefore is not applicable to this invoice.”?
You may state the contract type. For Cost Plus A Fixed Fee Contracts, this information is included in the additional breakdown.
8. SIGNATURES – Does signature need to be by an officer of the firm? Can the firm’s Project Manager sign if he/she is not an officer?
As with other partial pay requests, the Project Manager may make the request and sign this document. The consultant will sign and attach a scanned copy to the email payment request. The Department Project Manager will not need to sign as the unbroken email chain servers as the Department approval. The “requesting office” (KYTC Project Manager) must signify in the email they are approving the LRC PSC Invoice.
For Final Pay requests this should be an officer of the firm.
9. Who signs our invoices as the Contracting Body?
The Department Project Manager will not need to sign as the unbroken email chain servers as the Department approval.
10. Will requests currently submitted be rejected if this form is not attached to the payment request?
KYTC Division of Accounts will process payments for invoices not submitted on this form for any work done prior to December 1. The cutoff for invoices not being in proper form will be December 15, whether the work was performed before Dec 1 or not. If a payment is in process but does not reach the Division of Accounts until after December 15, 2010 it will be rejected.
11. Is our Statewide Contract considered a personal services contract?
Professional Services contract is a Personal Services Contract.
12. Contracting Body: Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
Division, Branch, etc: This should be the District Office or Division that is paying the bill. (the Office that requested or assigned the work to the vendor)
Contract Number: This is the PON2 number from eMars.
Date of Invoice: The day the consultant submits the request.
Effective Period of Contract: Beginning and Ending Service dates in eMars. These should be check that they match. Project Managers or Division of Professional Services can provide these dates.