Who files under UCRA?
- For-hire motor carriers transporting property in interstate commerce in commercial motor vehicles that have a gross vehicle weight rating or gross vehicle weight of at least 10,001 pounds whichever is greater
- For-hire motor carriers transporting passengers in interstate commerce in commercial motor vehicles designed or used to transport more than 8 passengers (including the driver)
- For-hire motor carriers transporting hazardous materials in interstate commerce and transported in a quantity requiring placarding
- Motor private carrier transporting property in commercial motor vehicles that have a gross vehicle weight rating or gross vehicle weight of at least 10,001 pounds whichever is greater
- Freight Forwarders
- Leasing Companies
What am I required to Do?
- File an annual application and pay an annual fee
Where do I get the forms and instructions?
- You may visit www.ucr.in.gov for forms and instructions
- You may visit the Kentucky web site at the Motor Carriers Forms and Applications
- Renewal forms will be mailed to all Kentucky based carriers annually
Am I required to carry a credential in my vehicle?
- No. You may want, but are not required to carry a copy of the receipt
What are the fees?
- Fees may vary each year. The fee is a flat per carrier fee and is determined by the number of commercial motor vehicles (power units) that you reported on your last MCS-150 form sent to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Brokers, Freight Forwarders, and Leasing Companies pay the lowest fee
Can I pay the fees online?
- You can pay your fees using Master Card, Visa or an electronic e-check when using www.ucr.in.gov
- If you mail your registration to Kentucky you may send a check or money order
- If you visit the One-Stop Shop in Frankfort you may pay by check, money order, cash, or credit card
What if I am out of business and received the UCR renewal from?
- Do not complete the UCR forms. Instead complete the MCS-150 form and check “Out of Business” box at the top of the form
- The MCS-150 form may be found at www.fmcsa.dot.gov or the Motor Carriers Forms and Applications
- You may fax the MCS-150 form to the Division of Motor Carriers at 502-564-4138
How Do I know if I am registered?