Contact Information

CDL Requirements502-564-6800
Apportioned Registration - IRP (International Registration Plan)502-564-1257
Overweight / Overdimensional502-564-1257
Qualifications / Permits502-564-1257
Kentucky Intrastate Tax - KIT502-564-1257
Kentucky Weight Distance Tax - KYU502-564-1257
International Fuel Tax Agreement - IFTA502-564-1257
Cash Bonds, Surety Bonds, and Bonding Companies502-564-1257
General Information502-564-1257
Vehicle Enforcement800-928-2402
Division of Road Fund Audits502-564-6760
Kentucky Motor Transport Association502-227-0848
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration1-800-832-5660 - In KY 1-502-223-6769
UCR - Unified Carrier Registration
Form 22901-866-699-4096 or 1-800-829-3676
USDOT & Motor Carrier Authority(MC#)1-800-832-5660
Motor Vehicle Commission(502) 573-1000
Passenger & Household Goods502-564-1257
Refund Desk502-564-1257
News for the Road

The Transportation Cabinet continues to make travel in Kentucky more convenient, comfortable and safe for commercial drivers. To that end, we offer the following services on-line. Be sure to share this information with your drivers:

  • 511 Traffic and Travel Info
    • Traffic Info
    • Travel Info
    • Weather
    • Law Enforcement
    • Surrounding States
    • Multimodal
  • Truck Rest Haven locations and information are also available from the 511 Traffic and Travel Info page. Click on Travel Info, then Weigh Stations and then select a location.
Highway Hazard Hotline - 1-877-FOR-KYTC

You can help to inform the cabinet of any highway hazards in your area by calling the hotline at: 1-877-367-5982.

The Highway Hazard Hotline is answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week by Transportation Operations Center personnel. The hotline is available throughout the year for the public to report problems with state maintained highways.

On-Line Cameras

Driving Smart in Kentucky​
A strong safety program is good for business. It can make your entire operation more cost-effective and cut absenteeism and downtime. And, of course, it can save lives. Click here to learn more. Includes Truck Rest Haven information.​

Intelligent Transportation Systems​
  • ​ITS - ITS gets you the information you need when and where you need it - on the road.​
Need Employees or a Job?​
Check out these sites:
For More Information:​
For further information on overweight/overdimensional​ permits, fuel and highway use taxes, regulations regarding rates charged and services rendered by for-hire Kentucky household goods and certain passengers carriers, contact the Division of Motor Carriers.