One Stop Shop - Motor Carriers



If you are a Private or Exempt for Hire carrier, the FMCSA has new requirements.  Click here to view these new rules​.

We will be closed Monday, May 30th in observance of Memorial Day.

Parking is available for personal vehicles only on the 1st floor of the east wing of the parking structure.

Office Hours

Walk-in customers: 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Monday through Friday Eastern time.
Acceptable Payment Methods
  • Cash
  • Personal Checks - Unless Notified Otherwise
  • Company Checks - Unless Notified Otherwise
  • Money Orders
  • Credit Cards (American Express, Discover, Master Card, and Visa only)
Make payments payable to Kentucky State Treasurer.

Customer Self Service Booth

  • File IFTA Taxes Electronically or by Voucher - Credit Card/ACH required.
  • Process KYU, KIT and IFTA Taxes - Print & submit with payment
  • Add/Delete vehicles from your KYU vehicle inventory.
  • Register for UCR (Unified Carrier Registration) - Credit Card required.
  • Obtain a 3 Year Driving History Record - Credit Card required.
  • Pay Drivers License Reinstatement fee - Credit Card required.
  • Sign up for Traffic School - Credit Card required.
  • Print forms and applications.
  • Apply for USDOT Number and Pin number through FMCSA - Credit Card required for identification only - no payment required.
  • Update you USDOT Number through FMCSA.
  • View USDOT, MC Authority and/or Company Information on SAFER (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration)
  • Apply/Renew/Print Articles of Incorporation from Secretary of State - Credit Card required.

    All One-Stop staff is available to assist customers with the above self-service applications.  For additional assistance see the receptionist at the front desk.

    What to Bring When Visiting the One Stop Shop:

    Commercial Motor Vehicle Credentials Section
    • For ALL 1st timers applying for a KYU number, IFTA license, KIT license, INTRA/INTERSTATE for-hire authority-------Please complete a Kentucky Trucking Application TC 95-1 (Form TC 95-38 included). This form may be obtained on our Forms and Applications page. Section 2 Item A.
    • New Intrastate /ICC Exempt for-hire all carriers must have a Form E from their insurance carrier on file with our office PRIOR to coming in to the one-stop area to receive their authority.
    • New ICC authorized carriers (carriers that have an MC#) wanting Unified Carrier Registration (UCR):
      • Must have their MC# fully active with the FMCSA.
      • Kentucky Trucking Application
      • Form E from their insurance carrier on file.
      • Active USDOT and updated MCS-150 found on FMCSA's website.
    • Letter(s) from this office referring to the particular matter you're needing.


    • Depending on the matter that needs to be taken care of you will need one or more of the following:
      • Tax forms if you have them. (Tax Forms can be found here)
      • Letter(s) from this office referring to the particular matter you're needing.

    Overweight/Overdimensional Permits

    •  Carrier must have all authorities before applying for an OW/OD permit.