If you will be picking up and dropping off the same load within state lines (Intrastate):
What kinds of goods are you carrying?
This is for the majority of for-hire carriers picking up and dropping off the same load within state lines. If you are unsure if your goods are exempt, please see the composite commodities list or call the KY Division of Motor Carriers Qualifications & Permits Section at (502) 564-4127.
- You will need to fill out the Kentucky Trucking Application (TC95-1) in sections 1, 2, 3, 6 –b, 9, and 12.
There is a $25 application fee and a $10 per vehicle fee for this authority. The funds must be made out to Kentucky State Treasurer.
- The funds do not have to be certified for this authority. There is also a FORM E insurance filing with KY required for this authority.
- The insurance company needs to send the FORM E direct to the KY Division of Motor Carriers. Faxed copies are not accepted. We must have an original FORM E. YOU MUST HAVE THE FORM E ON FILE WITH US TO PROCESS THIS AUTHORITY SAME DAY IN OUR ONE STOP AREA.
- Interstate ICC Authorized carriers can also have intrastate for-hire authority as well. In this case, the $10 per vehicle fees will be waived up to the amount of vehicles paid for on the current year’s Single State Registration receipt (RS-3 form).
- You will receive a receipt for this authority called an XRS-3 form. You must keep a copy of this receipt in the cab of your vehicle.
ICC Exempt goods:
See ICC Exempt under Interstate for-hire authorities. This authority is the same for both Interstate and Intrastate.
If you add a vehicle to your fleet during the year, you must also add on to the authority for your company. You may obtain add on forms from our Forms and Applications page Section 2. If you have any questions, please contact the KY Division of Motor Carriers Qualifications & Permits Section at (502)564-4127.