Checklist For Easier Moving
- Be sure the mover has a KY “DMT (sometimes referred to as DVR) license number”.
- Request and obtain a written estimate.
- Check with KYTC for additional information concerning rates, liability coverage and complaint history of the mover.
- Make sure to be present during your move.
- Review the written bill of lading (front & back) carefully before signing.
- Agree to the method and terms of payment before moving day.
- During unloading, check your household goods carefully before signing off on their condition. Be sure the bill of lading gives you the right to take a reasonable amount of time to check items for damages.
- Ask the mover to check the van to ensure that all your household goods have been delivered.