The Roadway Maintenance Branch manages roadway maintenance programs and prepares roadway maintenance related contracts. The Branch also provides technology transfer and technical assistance to the Districts and other Divisions.
The Contracting Section is responsible for management of the following programs.
- Statewide Resurfacing Program
- Interstate Pavement Rehabilitation Program
- Primary & Parkway Pavement Rehabilitation Program
- Review citizen complaints
- Contract maintenance activities such as upgrading existing roadside guardrail, drainage structure maintenance and replacement, concrete pavement repair, slide repair, asphalt patching and other miscellaneous maintenance contracts as required.
- New Guardrail Program.
- Recommend and Develop 6 year plan projects for Pavement and Bridges
- State Park Road Improvements
- Coordination of Emergency and Disaster work with KYEM, FEMA, FHWA, and USDA-NRCS during disasters.
The Field Maintenance Section provides direct liaison between the Division of Maintenance, Districts, and other Divisions.
The section performs the following specialized activities.
- Slip & Slide Repair Statewide Coordination
- Roadway Dam Inspections
- New Products Evaluations
- Technology Transfer
- Specialized Studies & Research Activities
- Permit and Excess Property Reviews
The Traffic Section is responsible for the following contracts and the management of those programs.
- Statewide Waterborne Striping
- Statewide Raised Pavement Markers and Lenses
- Statewide Panel Sign repair and replacement