|Boyd||US 60, KY 716 at Summit near Ashland|
One lane traffic on US 60 west of Ashland and temporary closure of the KY 716 intersection at Summit for $3.4 million US 60 upgrade, including removal of median, new blacktop and new turn lanes ...
All traffic on US 60 is shifted into one lane - merge right as you come inbound toward Ashland, merge left if outbound - as contractors work along the entire two-mile work zone in each direction from Summit to Rose Hill.
The following traffic restrictions at the KY 716 intersection will be in effect for the next several weeks:
-- Traffic will not be able to access US 60 from KY 716, or access KY 716 from US 60 during construction.
-- Motorists needing access to KY 716 in the Armco Park area or to the federal prison may detour using KY 3292 (Roberts Drive) and KY 766 (Bob McCullough Drive). Detour will be marked. The Summit Road intersection west of the work area near Boyd County Middle School will not be affected.
|Elliott||KY 7 reconstruction in Elliott County|
As part of a $26.5 million road improvement project in Elliott County, five miles of KY 7 is being rebuilt from just north of KY 706 to the Elliott-Carter county line. Motorists should expect possible lane closures, lane shifts, flagged traffic and other impacts, and should be mindful of trucks or other heavy equipment entering and leaving the highway.
Motorists should expect rough pavement on existing KY 7 in some areas, especially near Hilltop.
|Greenup||KY 3306 closed at Hunnewell|
Due to an embankment failure adjacent to the roadway, KY 3306 (Tunnel Branch Road) in Greenup County is closed until further notice between KY 1 and Hunnewell. Please use caution and do not drive past barricades or road closed signs.
|Greenup||Carl Perkins bridge closed at Portsmouth|
During the painting and closure of the Carl Perkins Bridge in Greenup County - until Nov. 15 - all traffic between Kentucky and Ohio will be detoured across the US 23-U.S. Grant Bridge (the nearby cable-stayed bridge to downtown Portsmouth) along these routes:
Traffic Changes - In Kentucky
-- Traffic on KY 8 East or US 23 North: Cars and commercial trucks should follow US 23 North across the Grant bridge, then either turn left on Second Street to access Ohio 73 to West Portsmouth-Hillsboro and US 52 West toward Cincinnati or veer right to stay on US 23 North (Gay Street) toward Columbus or to access US 52 East toward Ironton.
Traffic Changes - In Ohio
-- Traffic on US 23 South or US 52 West coming from Columbus or Ironton: Cars should follow existing signs for US 23 South (Washington Street) to the Grant bridge; commercial trucks should use the existing US 23 Truck Route, follow existing “Kentucky” signs, then detour via Ohio 73 East to Second Street to the Grant bridge.
-- Traffic on US 52 East, Ohio 73 or Ohio 104 coming from Cincinnati, Hillsboro or West Portsmouth: Follow existing “Kentucky” signs or US 23 Truck Route signs to detour via Ohio 73 East to Second Street to the Grant bridge.
Detour routes are subject to change if floodwater affects Ohio 73 off ramps. All thru traffic and commercial vehicles should avoid Chillicothe Street (Business US 23) in Portsmouth due to brick pavement and narrow lanes.
|Mason||US 62 repairs at Maysville|
US 62 at Maysville – formerly known as US 68 hill – is being reconstructed, and all traffic is one lane each direction with a center turn lane between the AA Highway and Moody Drive. Entrance traffic may be restricted at times, with travel on rough surfaces.
• Inbound (east) US 62 traffic heading downtown: Left lane closed at Kmart past the AA Highway intersection, with traffic shifted right into one lane past Moody Drive. Center turn lane available for left turns across the work zone at designated entrances. Right-turning traffic unaffected.
• Outbound (west) US 62 traffic heading away from downtown: Right lane closed prior to Moody Drive, with one lane shifted left onto the eastbound side of the road past the AA Highway intersection. Center turn lane available for left turns. Right-turning traffic can cross the work zone at designated entrances.
• Entrances between AA and Moody Drive: Restricted to one per area, with stop signs. Vehicles entering US 62 should pull up to stop bars, and proceed with caution when US 62 is clear. Signalized intersections unaffected.
• On the AA Highway, traffic approaching the US 62 intersection will be limited to one turn lane only. Other lane changes will be marked.
Work will continue through August. For full details, see http://bit.ly/US62Rebuild
online. Follow http://twitter.com/US62Maysville
or search @US62Maysville on Twitter for traffic updates.
|Rowan||KY 32 rehab at Park Hills|
Contractors are working along KY 32 north of Morehead between Park Hills and the Fleming County line. Watch for flaggers and intermittent stopped traffic each weekday during roadside and culvert construction, which will take place the next four to five weeks. Once full pavement replacement begins in late April or early May, traffic will be one lane in the area with delays likely during workdays.
|Rowan||KY 3318 Clay Lick Road one lane|
Due to an embankment failure adjacent to the roadway, KY 3138 Clay Lick Road in Rowan County off KY 1274 in the Cave Run Lake area has been reduced to one lane with an 8-foot width restriction as the pavement is undermined.
Please use caution and do not drive past barricades or road closed and heed all warning signs.
|Rowan||KY 1722 closed at Fleming-Rowan line|
On Tuesday, May 26, contractors expect to start reconstruction of KY 1722 at the 9 mile marker where a slip has undermined surface pavement. Repairs will include full excavation of the roadway, stabilization of the embankment, installation of new drainage measures and other work – all of which will require temporary closure of the highway.
The road will be closed at the work site from May 26 until late August. A detour will be posted, which includes using KY 111 through Hillsboro in Fleming County:
- Motorists on the Fleming County side of the work site needing access to KY 1722 in Rowan County or KY 801 should take KY 111 at Grange City to KY 158 east to KY 801 south.
- Motorists on the Rowan County side of the work site needing access to KY 1722 in Fleming County should take KY 801 north to KY 158 to Hillsboro, then use KY 111 to return to KY 1722 at Grange City.