Traffic Advisory: Holiday travelers should watch for work zones along I-64, US 60, other state highways
FLEMINGSBURG, Ky. – While some road work will cease during the Fourth of July holiday, motorists will encounter traffic impacts along I-64, US 60 and other northeast Kentucky highways.
Work zones in Kentucky Department of Highways District 9 counties include:
- In Carter County, I-64 is one lane from mile markers 154 to 160 near Olive Hill. Speed limit remains reduced to 55 miles per hour. Full paving operations will begin next week.
US 60 Boyd County
- Paving on US 60 from Williams Creek past the I-64 interchange to the Carter County line will continue through Thursday, July 4. Motorists should expect one-lane traffic controlled by flaggers in some areas and possible delays.
Ashland 12th Street Bridge
The Ben Williamson Memorial (12th Street) Bridge at Ashland remains closed, with all Kentucky-bound traffic from Ohio detoured across one lane of the 13th Street bridge to a right-turn-only intersection at Winchester Avenue. Because one bridge is now handling the traffic of two bridges, motorists should expect delays. (More information on traffic and bridge repairs can be found online at http://transportation.ky.gov/District-9/Pages/Ashland-Bridges.aspx
Carol Malone Boulevard and KY 1947
- Concrete intersection work at Carol Malone Boulevard (KY 1) and KY 1947 at Grayson will NOT take place this weekend, July 6-7. Construction, and one lane traffic, will resume the weekend of July 13.
- In Fleming County, construction of the new Flemingsburg Bypass extension has created a three-way stop at the existing KY 11 intersection just north of downtown. Traffic should watch for narrow lanes.
KY 801 Rowan County
- While there are no lane restrictions, road work on KY 801 at Cave Run Lake at the Scott’s Creek Marina and boat ramp has diverted traffic onto a temporary section of highway. Motorists should watch for changed traffic patterns, and heed all warning signs.
KY 750 Greenup County
- A project to improve KY 750 at Raceland has closed a portion of that roadway. Traffic is detoured using KY 3105. Motorists should also watch for lane shifts on US 23 near the work site.