Closure for 60/60X Intersection in Woodford County
Pavement rehabilitation project to improve intersection
Motorists need to follow the signed detour
LEXINGTON, Ky. (June 21, 2013) – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Department of Highways, announces that a temporary closure is scheduled for the 60/60X Intersection in Woodford County. The closure is necessary for pavement rehabilitation work to continue.
Work will be performed:
- Friday, June 21 - work begins at 8:00 p.m. and continues through Monday, June 24, at 5:00 a.m.
US 60 eastbound & US 60X eastbound:
- all turn lanes on US 60X (the Versailles Bypass) from Frankfort (between Crossfield Drive and US 60) will be closed
- both US 60 eastbound lanes in front of the Woodford Feed Store will be closed
- the Woodford Feed Store will be closing the front entrance and parking area
(the traffic for the store will be diverted to the rear entrance near Wendy’s Restaurant)
o US 60 thru traffic (westbound) from Lexington will be diverted to the Versailles Bypass (US 60X) for access around the project
o all US 60 thru traffic (eastbound) coming from Versailles will use the westbound lanes of US 60 to go through the project
- two left turn lanes (off of the bypass) eastbound from Versailles that turn onto US 60 toward Lexington will be closed
- one right turn lane off of the Versailles Bypass onto US 60 toward Versailles will be closed
- A signed detour will be in place to guide and direct the traveling public.
All scheduled work is subject to change depending on weather, emergencies and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways.
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet asks motorists to be aware of the work zone and to utilize safe driving habits when traveling near the project area.
For up-to-date traffic and travel information dial 511 or visit www.511.ky.gov for the latest statewide traffic updates.