Closure for 60/60X Intersection in Woodford County
Pavement rehabilitation project to improve intersection
Motorists need to follow the signed detour
LEXINGTON, Ky. (June 7, 2013) – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Department of Highways, announces that a temporary closure is scheduled for the 60/60X Intersection in Woodford County. The closure is necessary for pavement rehabilitation work to continue.
Work will be performed:
- Friday, June 7 - work begins at 8:00 p.m. and continues through Monday, June10, at 5:00 a.m.
US 60 westbound & US 60X westbound:
- the two westbound lanes on US 60 will be closed
- traffic on US 60 will be reduced to one lane in each direction
- traffic will flow in both directions for the two eastbound lanes of US 60 at the intersection
- westbound US 60X will be closed at the ramps from US 60
(US 60X is the Versailles Bypass)
- A signed detour will be in place to guide and direct the traveling public.
All scheduled work is subject to change depending on weather, emergencies and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways.
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet asks motorists to be aware of the work zone and to utilize safe driving habits when traveling near the project area.
For up-to-date traffic and travel information dial 511 or visit www.511.ky.gov for the latest statewide traffic updates.