Lane closures scheduled for US 25 (Georgetown Road) bridge in Fayette County
Bridge over New Circle Road to have repairs
LEXINGTON, Ky. (May 20, 2013) – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Department of Highways, announces that temporary lane closures are scheduled for the US 25 (Georgetown Road) bridge in Lexington, Fayette County. The closures are necessary for pothole repair work to be completed in the bridge deck.
Work will be performed:
· Monday, May 20 – 6:30 p.m. until 12:00 a.m. (midnight)
· Tuesday, May 21 – 6:30 p.m. until 12:00 a.m. (midnight)
· Wednesday, May 22 – 6:30 p.m. until 12:00 a.m. (midnight)
The location for the repair work on US 25 (Georgetown Road) will be between mile point 16 and 16.25. One lane in the northbound direction of Georgetown Road will be closed across the bridge for each evening of work. Appropriate traffic control devices will be in place to guide and direct the traveling public.
- at least one lane in the northbound direction of Georgetown Road will remain open at all times
- both lanes in the southbound direction will remain open
- traffic will not be impacted on New Circle Road
The starting date and duration of work are dependent on weather conditions and may be adjusted for inclement weather or other unforeseen delays.
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet asks motorists to be aware of the work zone and to utilize safe driving habits when traveling through the area.
For up-to-date traffic and travel information dial 511 or visit www.511.ky.gov for the latest statewide traffic updates.