Closure scheduled for 60/60X Intersection
in Woodford County
Pavement rehabilitation project to improve intersection
Motorists need to follow the signed detour
LEXINGTON, Ky. (May 16, 2013) – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Department of Highways, announces that a temporary closure is scheduled for the U.S. 60/ U.S. 60X Intersection in Woodford County. The closure is necessary for pavement rehabilitation work to begin.
Work will be performed:
- Friday, May 17 - work begins at 8 p.m. and will continue through Monday, May 20 at 5 a.m.
U.S. 60 westbound and U.S. 60X westbound:
- the two westbound lanes on U.S. 60 will be closed
- traffic on U.S. 60 will be reduced to one lane in each direction
- traffic will flow in both directions for the two eastbound lanes of U.S. 60 at the intersection
- westbound U.S. 60X will be closed at the ramps from U.S. 60
(U.S. 60X is the Versailles Bypass)
- A signed detour will be in place to guide and direct the traveling public.
All scheduled work is subject to change depending on weather, emergencies and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways.
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet asks motorists to be aware of the work zone and to utilize safe driving habits when traveling near the project area.
For up-to-date traffic and travel information dial 511 or visit www.511.ky.gov for the latest statewide traffic updates.