KYTC District 7 crews remain on duty in Central Kentucky
LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 5, 2013) - KYTC District 7 highway crews in Central Kentucky will continue to patrol, spot-treat and plow roadways as snow is predicted to move across the region. Conditions for pavement may vary from wet to partly covered with snow in some counties. Crews will continue to treat affected areas until the winter storm threat subsides.
Road conditions are described in the following manner:
- Wet Pavement – The roadway is wet. Ice could form as temperatures drop.
- Partly Covered – The roadway is partly covered with snow, slush or ice. Markings may be obscured.
- Mostly Covered – The roadway is mostly covered with snow, slush or ice. Roadway markers may be difficult to see because of packed snow and rutting conditions.
- Completely Covered – The roadway is completely covered with snow, slush or ice and markings are obscured.
- Impassable – Roadway conditions are not suitable for travel unless required by an emergency.
District 7 crews have the responsibility for treating roads in Anderson, Bourbon, Boyle, Clark, Fayette, Garrard, Jessamine, Madison, Mercer, Montgomery, Scott and Woodford Counties.
For up-to-date traffic and travel information for major routes, inside Kentucky dial 511 and outside Kentucky call toll free at 1-866-737-3767. Information can also be obtained by logging onto www.511.ky.gov.