Lane closures scheduled for US 60/Versailles Road
LEXINGTON, Ky. (August 15, 2013) – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Department of Highways, announces that temporary lane closures (westbound) are scheduled for US 60/Versailles Road. The closures are necessary for Phase VII to begin (this phase includes final surfacing work).
Work will be performed:
- Friday, August 16 - 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 17
- Saturday, August 17 - 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 18
- Sunday, August 18 - 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Monday, August 19
The location for the westbound lane closures will be between KY 4 (New Circle Road) and the Bluegrass Parkway.
- one lane (westbound) will remain open during the hours of work
Truck Traffic – trucks are required to travel in the left lane through the construction limits
A reduced speed limit with double fines remains in place for violations that occur within the work zone.
- Alternate routes – motorists can utilize Interstate 64 and US 421 (Leestown Road)
All scheduled work is subject to change depending on weather, emergencies and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways.
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet asks motorists to be aware of the work zone and to utilize safe driving habits when traveling through the area.
For up-to-date traffic and travel information dial 511 or visit www.511.ky.gov for the latest statewide traffic updates.