US 42/Mall Road Intersection (13.9 -14.4 mile-marker) from Bentley Drive to Ewing Blvd:
WEST OF I-75
• Periodic lane closures may occur as needed on Eastbound and Westbound US 42/127.
• Various traffic impacts will continue through October.
• Watch for flaggers, trucks and construction equipment entering and exiting the Highway.
EAST OF I-75
• Lane closures on East and Westbound US 42/127 are possible on weekday nights from 9 PM until 5 AM from Scott Street to the I-75 overpass.
• A lane shift is currently in place on Eastbound US 42/127 from the I-75 overpass to Dream Street.
• In addition to these closures Westbound US 42/127 will be restricted to one through lane from Ewing Boulevard to I-75 overpass starting at 8 PM Friday, September 19th until 5 AM Monday, September 22nd. No left turn from Westbound US 42/127 to Industrial Road or Business access road by Speedway Gas Station. Traffic to detour to Freedom Way.
• Eastbound US 42/127 will be restricted to a single through lane from Freedom Way to Scott Street starting at 8 PM Friday, September 19th until 5 AM Monday, September 22nd. No left turn from Eastbound US 42/127 to Ewing Boulevard or King Drive.
• Industrial Road traffic to access Southbound I-71/75 by signed detour to Weaver Road.
• Industrial Road and King Drive will be restricted to a right turn in and right turn out only.
• Starting Friday September 26 at 8:00 p.m. until Monday Spetmber 29 at 5:00 a.m.. The ramp from Northbound I-71/75 to US 42 will be closed. Traffic to follow a signed detour. Ewing Boulevard will be closed at the intersection with US 42. Traffic to detour using Dream Street. Westbound US 42/127 will be restricted to one through lane from Industrial Road to the I-75 overpass.
• Watch for flaggers, trucks and construction equipment entering and exiting the Highway.
Camp Ernst Road (KY 237) from Rogers Lane to Golf Club Drive – As construction continues on this project, please watch for flaggers and for trucks entering and leaving the highway. New traffic patterns are in place and will remain until winter. Please follow detour signs to access KY 18 and KY 237. Patrick Drive is now open from KY 237 to Burgundy Hill for through traffic.
Boone and Kenton Counties
US 25 (Dixie Highway) - Beginning the week of September 1, 2014 – the Northern Kentucky Water District will begin an extensive project to line existing water main service along US 25 (Dixie Highway) from Price Avenue to Turfway Road crossing through Kenton and Boone Counties including the cities of Erlanger, Elsmere and Florence. The project will be completed in phases and is scheduled to complete in November of 2014. During this time, motorists can expect lane closures in the SB direction of US 25. Delays may be possible so please plan accordingly. Bus stops will be affected in this area. Please contact TANK at (859) 331-8265 for any possible stop location changes. Any questions regarding water service should be directed to the Northern Kentucky Water District at (859) 578-9898.
I-275 (6.3 – 13.4 mile-marker) - Lane closures may be in place between 6 PM – 6 AM Monday through Sunday for concrete sawing and sealing operations. Expect minor delays and use caution when traveling through the work zone.
• KY 10 (Willow Lenoxburg Rd) from 2.8 – 4.4 mile-marker – Resurfacing work is scheduled to begin on KY 10 in Bracken County between KY 1109 and KY 1011 the week of September 22nd. A lane closure will be in place during working hours to control traffic, watch for flaggers in the workzone. This work is scheduled to last 2 working days weather pending. Expect short delays.
• KY 9 (AA Highway) from 9.9 - 12.95 mile-marker – Resurfacing work is scheduled to begin on the AA Highway from the north end of the Locust Creek Bridge (MP 9.928, which is just south of KY 1159) extending north to MP 12.95 (approximately .5 miles south of KY 1109) the week of September 22nd. A lane closure will be in place during working hours to control traffic. Watch for flaggers on each end of the workzone. This work is scheduled to last approximately 6 working days, weather pending. Expect delays during working hours.
•KY 1996 (New Richmond Road) – Pavement and resurfacing project will begin on KY 1996 (New Richmond Road) in Campbell County. Work will occur between KY 9 (AA Highway) and KY 8 (Mary Ingles Highway). Drivers should exercise caution and watch for traffic control devices, flaggers, construction personnel and equipment entering and leaving the work zone.
•KY 1997 (Stonehouse Road) – Pavement and resurfacing project will begin on KY 1997 (Stonehouse Road) in Campbell County. Work will occur between KY 9 (AA Highway) and KY 547 (4 Mile Road). Drivers should exercise caution and watch for traffic control devices, flaggers, construction personnel and equipment entering and leaving the work zone.
•KY 2921 (Painter Road) – Pavement and resurfacing project will begin on KY 2921 (Painter Road) in Campbell County. Work will occur between KY 1566 (Oneonta Road) and KY 8 (Mary Ingles Highway). Drivers should exercise caution and watch for traffic control devices, flaggers, construction personnel and equipment entering and leaving the work zone.
AA Highway (KY 9) 0 - 7.9 mile-marker – Resurfacing work has resumed on the AA Highway from the Pendleton County line (MP 0.000) extending north to the Twelve Mile Creek Bridge (MP 7.946) just south of KY 1997. The work includes milling and asphalt placement operations. Watch for trucks entering and leaving the lane closure. Lane closures will be in place during working hours. This project is expected to be complete by October 17th, weather pending. Expect minor delays.
I-75/I-71 (Brent Spence Bridge) NB and SB – On September 8th – September 21st, 2014, between 10 PM until 6 AM, single lane closures will be in place for a bridge inspection. Motorists should watch for crews, equipment and lane closure.
KY 16 (James Avenue) – A pavement repairs and resurfacing project will begin on KY 16 (James Avenue) in Kenton County on Monday, September 8, 2014. Work will occur between 30st Street and KY 17 (Madison Avenue). Motorists should exercise caution and watch for lane closures, traffic control devices, flaggers, construction personnel and equipment entering and leaving the work zone.
•Beginning Friday, September 19th, 2014 at 8:00 PM until Monday, September 29th, 2014 at 6:00 AM, Southbound James Avenue will be closed between 30th Street and Madison Avenue (KY17). Traffic wishing to proceed South on James Avenue will be directed to go South on Madison Avenue (KY 17) and turn left onto Howard Litzler Drive (KY 3070). The detour will end at KY 16 (Winston Avenue). Local traffic wishing to access James Avenue will then turn left onto North KY 16 (Winston Avenue).
Dudley Road - Construction from Winding Trails to Sperti Drive is in progress. Dudley Road, within the construction zone, will be closed to through traffic through November 15, 2014. Business and residential access will be provided during the entire construction project. We will begin in the middle portion of the hill with full road closure.
Taylor Mill Road – Middle Section - KY 16 (From Sunbrite to Blackstone) – Traffic has been switched onto new pavement from Sunbrite Drive to new road Pride Parkway. Old Taylor Mill Road in now open to thru traffic. Northbound KY 16 turns into Old Taylor Mill Road (Pride Parkway) at Heathermoor Blvd. To continue North on KY 16, traffic will have to make a right turn opposite of Heathermoor Blvd. Southbound KY 16 traffic approaching the new road will encounter a left turn movement at the intersection with Old Taylor Mill Road (Pride Parkway) near Heathermoor Blvd. The new intersection of KY 16 and Old Taylor Mill Road (Pride Parkway) will not be signalized. Robertson Road will remain closed to thru traffic between house #864 and house #865 Robertson Road where the new KY 16 is being constructed. Local residents from House #828 to #864 Robertson Road only have access from the north intersection of Old Taylor Mill Road and Robertson Road. It is important for motorists to use caution and watch for signage and traffic control devices. Anticipated completion is summer 2015.
KY 3549 (Old Monterey Road) – Beginning Monday, September 15th – Monday, October 6th, KY 3549 (Old Monterey Road) will be closed to thru traffic for a culvert replacement project. The work zone will be 0.80 mile-marker north of KY 845 (Greenup Road). Crews will be working during the week and on weekends until the project is complete. There will be no signed detours.
KY 355 Bridge Replacement over Little Twin Creek – A bridge replacement project is in progress on the KY 355 bridge over the Little Twin Creek. One lane of the bridge will remain open during the project. An September 30, 2014 completion is anticipated.
US 127 (Owenton-North Main Street) Pavement Repairs – A pavement repair project is in progress from Roland Avenue extending north to Howard Ellis Road (KY 3095). Motorist should watch for flaggers and temporary lane closures. The anticipated project completion date is October 15, 2014.
US 62 and KY 616 Intersection – Work is scheduled to begin on September 15th to widen and improve sight distance at the Robertson County School entrance as well as the intersection of KY 616 and US 62. This work includes excavation/fill operations, utility installation, and asphalt improvements. Beware of construction equipment entering and leaving the roadway during working hours. Flagging operations may be in place to help control traffic. This project has an anticipated completion date of July 2015.
US 62 (Kentontown-Sardis Road) 7.9 – 11 mile-marker – A slide repair project continues on US 62 (Kentontown-Sardis Road) in between Tony Harber Road and Locust Pointe Road. Long delays are expected during the work hours of 7:30 AM until 7 PM, Monday thru Friday. Motorists should be aware of delays, watch for flaggers, crews and equipment. Motorists are encouraged to take an alternate route. Anticipated completion, September 30th.