The KYTC offers the following tips for motorists when they approach a work zone:
- Expect the unexpected.
- Slow down.
- Don’t tailgate. Keep a safe distance between you and the car ahead of you.
- Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the construction workers and equipment.
- Pay attention to the signs.
- Obey road crew flaggers.
- Stay alert and minimize distractions.
- Keep up with the traffic flow.
- Navigate traffic with GoKY or via Waze on your smartphone!
- You can get District 6 road construction updates on http://transportation.ky.gov/district-6/Pages/default.aspx. Follow KYTCDistrict6 on our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/KYTC.District6 or on our Twitter page at https://twitter.com/KYTCDistrict6
- Knowing where the construction zones are prior to the trip can minimize frustration and delays.
- Be patient and stay calm.
Remember construction and maintenance activities are scheduled on a tentative basis and are subject to change depending on weather conditions, emergencies, and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet appreciates your patience during the construction process.
Motorists are urged to use caution in work areas, and to be alert for flaggers, workers, and equipment which may block a portion of the roadway, and other items of concern in work zones. Motorists are asked to pay careful attention to warning signs alerting them of the roadwork and obey work zone speed limits where applicable.
For the latest up to date information on road conditions throughout Kentucky, motorists can dial 511.