US 42/Mall Road Intersection (13.9 -14.4 mile-marker) from Bentley Drive to Ewing Blvd:
WEST OF I-75
• Traffic restrictions are in place on Eastbound and Westbound US 42/127.
• Traffic is restricted to a single through lane from I-75 to Bentley Court.
• Mall Road left turns to Eastbound US 42 is restricted to one lane.
• The ramp from I-75 Southbound to US 42 is restricted to two lanes.
• Dilcrest Drive is closed at US 42. Traffic to detour through Bentley Court.
• Various traffic impacts will continue through October.
• Watch for flaggers, trucks and construction equipment entering and exiting the Highway.
EAST OF I-75
• Lane closures are possible on EB and WB US 42/US 127 traffic during weekday overnight hours. In addition to the weekday overnight closures, traffic will be impacted for longer periods of time during the weekend.
• Beginning at 9 PM on Friday night (April 25, 2014) and lasting thru 5 AM Monday morning (April 28, 2014):
1. WB US 42/US 127 traffic will be reduced to a single lane between Ewing Boulevard to Dream Street.
2. Industrial Rd. (KY 1829) will be restricted to a single left turn lane.
3. Dream Street will be restricted to a single turn lane to EB US 42/US 127.
• Drivers should exercise extreme caution and watch for traffic control devices, flaggers, construction personnel and equipment entering and leaving the work zone. The speed limit throughout the work-zone on US 42/US 127 has been reduced to 30 MPH. Long Delays can be expected during the weekend work.
Camp Ernst Road (KY 237) from Rogers Lane to Golf Club Drive – As construction continues on this project, please watch for flaggers and for trucks entering and leaving the highway. Patrick Drive is currently open from McGrath Lane to First Church of Christ entrance. Please note Patrick Drive is NOT connected to the existing Camp Ernst Road for through traffic at this time. KY 237 traffic has been switched onto part of the new road beginning south of Rogers Lane and continuing north to KY 18. Please use caution at the tie ins at these locations.
KY 8 – The work has been completed and will have one lane opened beginning April 11th with a lane closure and some restrictions between KY 445 (River Road) and Tower Hill Road for various work to be completed. The closure restrictions will be from 8 AM and end at 4 PM.
KY 9 (AA Highway) at I-275 Interchange – Periodic lane closures will continue for both Northbound and Southbound KY 9 traffic during weekday overnight hours. Drivers should exercise caution and watch for flaggers, construction personnel and vehicles entering and leaving the work zones. The speed limit throughout the work-zone on KY 9 will be reduced 35 MPH.
Campbell - Kenton Counties
Visalia Bridge (KY 536) over the Licking River – The road is reduced to one lane of traffic controlled by a temporary signal system while the westbound lane is closed indefinitely until bridge repairs are completed. Be prepared to stop. Watch for oncoming traffic. Expect delays. Do not stop on the railroad tracks.
KY 547 (Riley Road) – Lane closures will be in place on KY 547 (Riley Road) between 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM so crews can construct a new water main between KY 9 and KY 10 in Alexandria. Alexandria Police will be providing traffic control. Closure will remain in place until project is complete.
KY 1892 (Carothers Road) – The City of Newport is conducting a pavement project on KY 1892 (Carothers Road). Barrier walls will be placed along the length of the construction area. The anticipated completion date of July 2014. Motorists will need to use extreme caution when in the work zone; watch for crews and equipment.
I-71 SB Bridge over Kentucky River (44 mile-marker) – The SB right lane of the I-71 bridge over the Kentucky River is down to one lane for a bridge maintenance project. Work to be complete by June 25, 2014.
Gallatin - Owen Counties
KY 35 (Owenton-Sparta Road) - A bridge deck replacement project has begun on KY 35 over Eagle Creek. Work will begin Monday, March 31st. The bridge will be reduced to one lane and a temporary signal will be put in place. The lane closure will remain until approximately April 30th, 2014.
US 42 (Main Street) In Warsaw- A pavement repair project has begun from 0.016 miles west of Fourth Street extending east to Morton Avenue. Lane closures and/or detours will be in place on weekends from 6 PM on Friday to 6 AM on Monday. Anticipated project completion is June 30, 2014.
Eagle Tunnel Road (CR 1312) Bridge Replacement (KY 16 to CR 1312 Eagle Tunnel Road - Gallatin County/KY 467 to CR 1312 Eagle Tunnel Road - Grant County) - This project does not impact the traveling motorist, as the roadway was previously closed due to a RR tunnel collapsing. The contractor has constructions signs in place indicating the bridge construction along the routes going to the project. Please use caution along these routes including KY 467, as there will be an increase of construction traffic. The new bridge is schedule to open on April 28, 2014.
I-75 in Kenton County – On Tuesday, April 22nd a guardrail repair project will begin at 9 PM on I-75 southbound at 189.5. A lane closure will be in place for approximately 2 hours. Motorists are reminded to watch for crews and equipment.
US 25 (Dixie Highway) - Periodic lane closures are possible between Stevenson Rd. (KY 236) and Kyles Lane (KY 1072) both NB and SB US 25 traffic during weekday overnight hours. In addition to the weekday overnight restrictions, traffic will be impacted for longer periods of time during the weekend.
• Beginning at 8 PM on Friday night (April 25, 2014) and lasting thru 6 AM Monday morning (April 28, 2014); NB and SB US 25 traffic will be reduced to a single thru lane in Ft. Mitchell near Beechwood Road (in the vicinity of the Kroger Marketplace).
• Beginning at 8 PM on Friday night (May 2, 2014) and lasting thru 6AM Monday morning (May 5, 2014); NB and SB US 25 traffic will be reduced to a single thru lane in Lakeside Park near Turkeyfoot Road (in the vicinity of the Barleycorns).
Drivers should exercise extreme caution and watch for traffic control devices, flaggers, construction personnel and equipment entering and leaving the work zone. Long Delays can be expected during the weekend work. All work in the US 25 corridor is related to storm drainage repairs and thus extremely weather dependent; advertised dates may be subject to change.
KY 8 (4th Street) @ I-75 Interchange – Road Work has begun on 4th Street in Covington. The work will be focused between Philadelphia Street and the Ramp to Southbound I-75. Periodic lane closures will be in place along 4th Street between the hours of 9 AM and 3 PM. Closures between 6 PM and 6 AM may also occur. Crescent Ave. (KY 8) is closed at the intersection with Philadelphia Street. The entrance ramp to I-75 southbound from 4th Street. (KY 8) is also closed. Crescent Avenue and the ramp will be closed for 30 days and a detour will be posted. Traffic wishing to use either of these routes will be directed to proceed north on Philadelphia Street then turn left onto 3rd Street. The Crescent Avenue detour ends at the end of 3rd Street while the I-75 south detour will continue by turning left on Crescent Avenue. Traffic will then turn left from Crescent Avenue to enter SB I-75. Drivers should exercise caution and watch for flaggers, construction personnel and vehicles entering and leaving the work zones. The entrance ramp to I-75 northbound from 4th Street (KY 8) will remain open.
KY 1486 (Fowler Creek Road) 3 - 4 mile-marker – Beginning Monday, April 14th, KY 1486 (Fowler Creek Road) will be closed daily to through traffic for a slide repair. This is at the intersection of KY 3035 (Old KY 17) and KY 1486 (Fowler Creek Road). The closure will take Monday – Friday beginning at 8:30 AM and ending at 4 PM or possibly until dark, if weather permits. Local traffic will have access. The repair anticipates two weeks to complete.
Taylor Mill Road – Middle Section - KY 16 (From Sunbrite to Blackstone) – Traffic has been switched onto new pavement from Sunbrite Drive to new road Pride Parkway. Old Taylor Mill Road in now open to thru traffic. Northbound KY 16 turns into Old Taylor Mill Road (Pride Parkway) at Heathermoor Blvd. To continue North on KY 16, traffic will have to make a right turn opposite of Heathermoor Blvd. Southbound KY 16 traffic approaching the new road will encounter a left turn movement at the intersection with Old Taylor Mill Road (Pride Parkway) near Heathermoor Blvd. The new intersection of KY 16 and Old Taylor Mill Road (Pride Parkway) will not be signalized. Robertson Road will remain closed to thru traffic between house #864 and house #865 Robertson Road where the new KY 16 is being constructed. Local residents from House #828 to #864 Robertson Road only have access from the north intersection of Old Taylor Mill Road and Robertson Road. It is important for motorists to use caution and watch for signage and traffic control devices. Anticipated completion is summer 2015.
KY 355 Bridge Replacement over Little Twin Creek – A bridge replacement project is in progress on the KY 355 bridge over the Little Twin Creek. One lane of the bridge will remain open during the project. An August 30, 2014 completion is anticipated.