Transportation Cabinet awards contracts for five highway projects in District 10
Work includes resurfacing in five counties
JACKSON, Ky. — The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet recently awarded five contracts totaling nearly $2.8 million for five highway projects within the Department of Highways District 10.
Contracts awarded as part of the April 2014 letting are:
- A $365,660 project to resurface 3.67 miles of KY 399 in Lee County.
- An $870,148.49 contract to resurface 5.68 miles of KY 519 in Morgan County.
- A $437,277.33 contract to resurface 4.10 miles of KY 30 in Owsley County.
- A $333,332.85 contract to resurface 3.41 miles of KY 28 in Perry County.
- A $770,434.72 contract to resurface 5.58 miles of KY 1571 and 1.57 miles of KY 2461 in Estill County.
All projects are to be completed by Nov. 15.
The Department of Highways District 10 consists of 10 counties – Breathitt, Estill, Lee, Magoffin, Menifee, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Powell and Wolfe – in east-central and southeastern Kentucky. The district office is located in Jackson.
Construction activities are scheduled on a tentative basis and are subject to change depending on weather conditions. Motorists are asked to drive with caution in work zones and be aware of workers, traffic control devices and construction equipment when traveling in areas where projects are ongoing.