WHO CAN USE THE STATE AIRCRAFT?
Any state agency personnel, elected officials, Kentucky’s State Universities and Community & Technical College System and people doing business with the State.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE A FLIGHT?
Follow these simple steps to request and obtain state aircraft services:
: Contact our Flight Scheduler (Terry Hancock
) at (502) 564-0099 to obtain a trip quote. You will need to provide departure date, destination, time you need to arrive at destination, any intermediate stops, number of passengers, and anticipated time of return.
Step 2: The Flight Scheduler will then determine the safest and most economical means of transporting you to your destination. You will also be provided with an approximate cost of the trip.
: Prior to the flight, and authorization form (TC 56-51
) must be completed and signed by your department's Authorized Agent to give us your agency's approval to complete the flight.
Step 4: Flights are inter-accounted to your agency at the end of each month and you are billed for the actual flight time only.*
* The exception is pilot overtime (time in excess of regular 7.5 hr. workday) which will be billed at a rate of $50.00/hr. per pilot.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF USING STATE AIRCRAFT?
- Conduct business while traveling. Maximize time management
- Interruptions and distractions eliminated
- Flexible departure and arrival schedule
- No wasted time waiting in line for a commercial flight
- Less travel time, therefore, savings of expenses for lodging and meals
- Post trip fatigue eliminated
- Safest form of transportation available